It’s hot here in Texas, the ‘feels like’ temperature was 101 today, but, thanks to my slow cooker, the house is cool and Cherry Blossom Kitchen smells amazing! I usually only use a crock pot during the cooler months, but, what was I thinking? This is the perfect time…my oven is off and my kitchen is cool! Check out this low-carb, gluten free Tuscan Zucchini Pasta with Parmesan, one-pot meal!
It couldn’t be any easier! Just combine the chicken breast pieces, Italian stewed tomatoes, red kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, mushrooms, bell pepper (I used an orange bell pepper), onion, celery, garlic and Italian seasoning in your slow cooker…
Take a minute to smell the amazingness!
Add in the zucchini noodles…
Cook on low for another 10 minutes to warm and soften the zucchini…
Serve it with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans (14 oz ea) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 4½ oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized or sliced with a julienne peeler
- Place all ingredients except zucchini noodles into a slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low for 4 hours, until vegetables are tender.
- Add in zucchini noodles and cook on low for additional 10 minutes until zucchini is warmed through and softened.
If you’d like to spiralize your zucchini pasta like mine, check out the link below for the one I use:
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure for further information.