Hectic days, call for easy, tasty meals! Today was one of those ‘Murphy’s Law’ kind of days, everything that could go wrong seemingly did. Endless traffic and lines that make me late are the bane of my existence since I’m always on a tight schedule, driving from one Real Estate photo shoot to the next. Of course, lucky me…I got behind THE slowest vehicle on the planet at one point with no way to get around him. He needs to take his ‘Sunday drives’ on a Sunday, already! OK, end rant. 🙂 So, it’s the middle of October, but, we’re still experiencing summer temps here in the afternoon, so, I won’t be making my favorite fall soups just yet, but, these quick and easy spicy chicken lettuce wraps are stress free to make on days like this and they’re loaded with flavor (no exaggeration!) Perfect to whip up after a day like today. If yours was like mine, you need to make them too! And here’s a bonus, they’re low carb and gluten free, so, load up those lettuce leaves!!
- 4 oz chicken breast, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped (save some to sprinkle as garnish)
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbl extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil), divided
- ½ tsp Sambal Oelek (or other chili sauce)
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 tbl Seasonsed rice vinegar
- ½ tbl Tamari (Gluten Free)
- Bibb, Boston or Iceberg whole lettuce leaves
- Add ½ of oil to skillet over medium heat and add garlic, ginger and onion, cook until softened.
- Add other ½ of oil and chicken, cook until no longer pink.
- Add to chicken mixture, chili sauce, Chinese 5 Spice, seasoned rice vinegar and Tamari sauce. Cook 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced.
- Remove from heat, spoon into whole lettuce leaves. Garnish with reserved chopped scallions.
- Enjoy immediately!
Thankfully, ‘Murphy’s Law’ type days are few and far between, and tomorrow is another brand new day to make the most of. I hope yours is good!