There isn’t a recipe I’ve tried of Giada De Laurentiis’ that I didn’t like, and this one is no exception! It’s perfection on a plate! Her Roasted Vegetables with Chipotle Cream Over Crispy Pita is delicious, clean-eating at it’s best! Skip the pita if need be, the veggie mixture is delightful all by itself! It’s super easy to make, and an awesome way to use up veggies you have on hand. I tweaked the recipe a bit just for that reason.
- 1 small butternut squash; peeled, seeded and cut into ½ inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and rained
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small canned chipotle pepper, diced
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar or honey
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- For the veggies:
- Spray a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butternut squash, zucchini, bell pepper, kidney beans, oil, cumin, oregano and salt.
- Spread mixture in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Roast until the vegetables are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Split the pita breads in half horizontally to make 4 rounds. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
- For the chipotle cream:
- In a small bowl, mix together the chipotle pepper, yogurt, lime juice and agave until smooth.
- Spread chipotle cream over each crispy pita and spoon the vegetable mixture over top.
I love Giada’s Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets, this book is full of healthful recipes and meals, and her own beauty and fitness tips and secrets sprinkled throughout! Anyway, I loved this recipe and wanted to share it with you! Enjoy!
Check out my other Tex-Mex inspired recipes here!