I’m bringing back this luscious, savory recipe with new photos because, it’s just too good not to! Here we are in the beginning of a brand new year and like many of you, I’m resuming a healthy eating program after the holiday indulgences. These prosciutto wrapped chicken thighs with rosemary are a bit of a departure from your everyday chicken recipe, but easy enough for a weeknight, and elegant and amazingly savory and delicious enough for a special occasion! AND…it’s Paleo, Low Carb/Gluten-Free and Whole30 compliant! Win!!
Just salt and pepper the chicken. Dip them in the oil, garlic, and chopped rosemary mixture. Wrap the chicken in the slices of proscuitto including a stem of rosemary, drizzle with a little more oil and bake!
40 minutes later, you will have a dream of a delicious chicken dish, and your kitchen will smell amazing!
Please do spritz a bit of lemon juice over the beautiful chicken and proscuitto…
Grab a bottle of your favorite balsamic vinegar…
and a drizzle a little over top for absolute perfection! You’ll want to dive in immediately!
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 bundle fresh rosemary
- 8 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- Pour ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil into a shallow dish and add the garlic.
- Strip the leaves from a sprig of rosemary and finely chop, about 1 tablespoon.
- Add the chopped rosemary to the dish with the garlic and oil.
- Break the remaining rosemary into 8 sprigs about the size of the chicken pieces.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, to taste, and add them to the garlic mixture and turn to coat.
- Wrap the chicken pieces in prosciutto, including a sprig of rosemary.
- Drizzle the chicken with a little more oil and bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Serve lemon wedges alongside for squeezing over the top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
I hope you enjoy!!
Check my Low Carb, Paleo, Gluten-Free and Whole30 categories for more healthy, delicious recipes!
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray