I’ve been so upside-down busy with my Real Estate photography lately that I’ve gotten a little off track not consistently cooking healthy meals. Bad excuse I know, and not a good thing! Although I’ve been running/walking a few times a week, I can feel it in my jeans, so, I’m getting back on track. Clearly, exercise alone is not enough! So, check out this grilled pineapple, bacon, avocado burger. It’s magically delicious! What commercial is that from?? Does this happen to you: you can’t get a jingle out of your head from a commercial, but, for the life of you, you can’t remember what commercial it’s from? I’ll have to Google it, it’ll drive me crazy until I know. Ha! Anyway, this nicely seasoned hamburger with a juicy slice of grilled pineapple, crispy bacon and topped with cool avocado slices, very much satisfied my burger craving!
I love the combination of savory ground beef and juicy, sweet grilled pineapple! When I make home-made pizza for the family, I always top my low carb version with hamburger and pineapple chunks. So yummy! (Recipe coming soon!)
To start my day on a healthier note, I made a quick skillet meal of eggs and kale sautéed in extra virgin olive oil, and a broken up piece of crispy bacon all mixed together. (Bacon twice today, but, can you ever have too much bacon? Iiiii don’t think so.)
Excuse the iPhone pic, but, I was hungry and in a hurry – story of my life. 🙂
Ok, on to the amazing pineapple, bacon, avocado burger how-to!
- 1 lb ground beef, grass fed if possible
- 1 tbl grated onion
- ½ tbl McCormick Grill Mates 25% less Sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 4 pineapple slices
- 8 bacon slices, nitrate and nitrite free
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Preheat large skillet to medium high.
- Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside. Cut pieces in half when cool.
- Briefly combine ground beef, onion, and steak seasoning. Form into 4 patties.
- Drain off all but 1 tsp of bacon drippings. Add patties to hot skillet and cook on both sides 6-7 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Heat a separate grill pan to medium. Add pineapple slices and grill 2 minutes per side.
- To plate: scatter spinach leaves on 4 plates, add a burger patty, pineapple slice, 2 half pieces of bacon and 3 avocado slices to each. Enjoy immediately!
Can’t you just taste that juicy, grilled pineapple and smoky bacon?!! Your mouth is watering, isn’t it??!!