Enjoy your (faux) potatoes and eat them too! You can, when you use cauliflower instead of high-carb potatoes, your family won’t know the difference! This delicious, low carb Instant Pot Faux Mashed Potatoes (aka Caulimash) recipe is my go-to for a ‘mashed potato’ dish. I think you’ll love it too! If you haven’t tried making it in the Instant Pot, give it a try, it’s super fast, and steaming vegetables and cooking food in a pressure cooker or crock pot preserves the flavors, you’ll never go back to stove or microwave cooking again!
Rinse cauliflower and remove leaves.
Cut in half and cut out core at an angle.
Coarsely chop and remove any additional core.
Add 1 cup of water and trivet to the Instant Pot.
Top trivet with steamer basket.
Add chopped cauliflower to the steamer basket and cook on Manual high for 5 minutes, then use ‘Quick Release’ method to release steam. See tips page for release methods.
Combine cooked cauliflower, butter, half & half and salt & pepper using a food processor or potato masher.
Blend to desired smoothness. Looks just like mashed potatoes, right?!
Sprinkle with paprika if desired, and serve with your favorite meal. Try my low carb Smoked Turkey Sausage with steamed green beans and faux mashed potatoes…all made in the Instant Pot. Quick, easy and delicious no-guilt comfort food!
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbl butter
- ¼ c half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika, as garnish if desired
- Wash cauliflower and remove leaves.
- Cut in half, cut out core at an angle.
- Chop, removing any additional core.
- Add 1 cup water and trivet to pot.
- Place steamer basket on top of trivet and add chopped cauliflower.
- Secure lid and choose Manual on high for 5 minutes.
- Use 'quick release' method to release steam before removing lid.
- Combine cauliflower, butter, half & half and salt & pepper in food processor or with potato masher and blend to desired smoothness.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.