This Faux Mashed Potato, Green Beans and Smoked Turkey Sausage meal is serious comfort food to me, but, it’s OK, it’s healthy comfort food! The mashed cauliflower tastes amazingly like regular mashed potatoes without all the carbs! Meal prep and clean-up is so easy with the Instant Pot and the cooking process is quick; just steam the cauliflower and green beans, then sauté the smoked sausage all in the same pot for a healthy, delicious meal! And bonus, there’s only one pot to wash!
For the step-by-step with photos and details for the faux mashed potatoes cooked in the Instant Pot, go here.
Check out the step-by-step with photos and details for the green beans steamed in the Instant Pot, here.
To prepare the smoked turkey sausage for cooking, slice on the diagonal.
Set cooker to Sauté, add oil and sausage and cook to desired brownness. I like mine with a nice sear!
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 12 oz fresh green beans
- 13 oz package fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 2 tbl butter
- ½ cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika, optional garnish
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place trivet and 1 cup water in the Instant Pot liner.
- Add steamer basket on top of trivet, add cauliflower pieces
- Secure Instant Pot lid, choose Manual high for 5 minutes then 'quick release' method.
- Remove cooked steamer basket with cauliflower. Remove trivet and cooking water. Rinse pot.
- Combine cauliflower, butter, half & half and salt & pepper with potato masher or food processor. Keep caulimash warm.
- Place trivet and 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot liner.
- Add steamer basket and green beans on top of trivet.
- Secure lid, choose Manual high for 1 minute, then use 'quick release' method.
- Remove steamer basket with green beans, keep warm.
- Remove trivet and cooking water. Rinse and dry pot.
- To Instant Pot liner, add extra virgin olive oil. Set cooker to Sauté.
- Add in sausage and sauté to desired brownness.
- Garnish caulimash with paprika, if desired. Enjoy!