Being a good shopper and taking advantage of a sale, I had stocked up on chickpeas when they were a great price and was rummaging through my pantry looking for something to make with them. A Chickpea Artichoke Salad sounded really good and was born when I found a can of artichoke hearts, a jar of roasted red peppers and some black olives!
I had a lemon that needed to be used and some parsley left from another meal, but basil would be SO good in it too!
I liked this salad best after I made it at room temperature, but store it in the frig and take it for lunch or on a picnic without worry of having to keep it refrigerated since there is no dairy products used.
A delicious, healthy guilt-free salad using whole plant based ingredients!
- 1 can artichoke hearts packed in water: rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ⅓ cup black olives, chopped
- 2 tbl fresh parsley, chopped, divided
- 2 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine artichoke hearts, chickpeas, roasted red pepper and 1 tbl parsley and salt and pepper if using in a large bowl.
- Whisk the oil and lemon juice until emulsifed.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and gently toss.
- Sprinkle lemon zest and remaining parsley over top.
Visit here for more tasty salad inspo!