I have to admit I’m crushing on the Instant Pot! I’ve used crock pots for years, and I always thought it was old-school to use a pressure cooker, and honestly I’ve sort of been afraid of them since Mom used hers back in the day, and we always had to stay far away from it in case it exploded! But she made the best pressure cooked meatballs in a mushroom gravy over egg noodles. So good! That is definitely going on my ‘To Make’ list. Anyway, the Instant Pot made this Chicken Alfredo with Rice recipe super easy and effortless!
If you aren’t familiar with the Instant Pot, this thing does it all; the available programs are Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, and the settings include Yogurt, Steam, Saute, Slow Cook and Manual. It’s a wonder pot! The model I have is the DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable 6 qt, I love the technology of this thing!
This recipe is super easy to put together; just sauté the garlic in a little oil, then add in the remaining ingredients.
Change setting for slow cooker on high for 1 1/2 hours, then add your vegetable of choice and let cook another 15 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle a little additional parmesan cheese and ground black pepper, and there you have it! For very little effort, you’ve got a savory, creamy and delicious Chicken Alfredo with Rice dish. I hope you enjoy!
Did your family use a pressure cooker? What was your favorite meal made in it?
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1½ cups brown rice (or white)
- 3 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbl unsalted butter
- 2 oz cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbl parmesan cheese, set aside additional desired amount for serving
- 1 cup low sodium low fat chicken broth
- 2½ cups half and half cream
- 1 bunch of kale or 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- Choose the sauté option and add in the olive oil
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add chicken, rice, cream cheese, butter, s & p, parmesan cheese, broth and cream.
- Mix well.
- Change setting to slow cooker on high for 1½ hours.
- Add kale or broccoli, stirring to combine. Cook additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and pepper.
Be sure to follow Cherry Blossom Kitchen on Instagram and find me on Snapchat: CherryBlossomKitchen
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.