It’s so great to have my fingers back in the blog, posting a recipe again! It’s been a while and I’ve missed being here!! I have a Real Estate photography business that is hopping this time of year, but, thankfully, I’ve got some help now, so, I’m excited to be able to carve out time to post more regularly!
So, you’d think a hot, steamy burrito bowl (on a plate) would sound crazy to have in south Texas when it’s 96 degrees, but, really…it’s never too hot to have a savory bowl of this deliciousness!
I’m continuing my Whole30/Paleo journey to achieve optimum health and am always trying to find a way to incorporate my veggies in every meal and this recipe is a scrumptious way to enjoy a variety of them. The fresh sprinkling of cilantro, and the cool, creamy avocado on the side completes it!
Enjoy in good health!!
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli slaw
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably grass fed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- 1.5 tbl chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Avocado, sliced for garnish
- Sauté broccoli slaw, onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic in olive oil. for 6-8 minutes or to desired tender crispness. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain. Add tomatoes, green chilies and spices. Stir to combine.
- To plate: Place a layer of veggies and top with meat sauce and sprinkle with cilantro. Try green onions, jalapeños and salsa for additional toppings.
Subscribe below to receive updates!!