Ok, guys…get ready for the leaning tower of burger! The Burger Tower is a fun, easy-to-put-together entrée, with all your favorite burger fixings, in tower form! No bun (CARBS/GLUTEN!) are necessary for this masterpiece to be enjoyed!
I’m one of those people that loves good quality grass-fed ground beef, and how versatile ground beef is in general. And, I always want the end result to be extremely tasty of course, as well as healthy! So, let’s build that tower! Start with a juicy, seasoned ground beef patty, add roasted sweet potato slices, sauteed onions, a perfectly cooked egg, a mouthwatering tomato slice, a dollop of creamy mashed avocado, and to top the delicious tower…a crispy slice of bacon! Seriously, this is heaven on a plate!!
The only bummer of making and photographing this recipe is; I had a mishap with my memory card. Ok actually, I lost it 🙁 I never lose anything, so, it’s gotta be here somewhere! When I find it, I’ll update with the pics! I did a Shapchat of the progression of the building of the burger tower though, but, they’re taken with my iPhone, so…
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons hamburger seasoning (prefer McCormicks)
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
- 4 pieces of bacon, cooked to desired doneness
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed with salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, cooked to desired doneness
- 4 cups arugula or spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spread sweet potato slices out onto a sheet pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness.
- Heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat, add onion slices and sauté for for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally. Set cooked onions aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, seasoning and Worchestershire sauce with your hands. Do not overmix, burgers will be tough. Fprm 4 burger patties.
- Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat and add a little butter or oil to pan. When hot, add patties and cooke about 4 minutes each side or to desired donesness.
- In same pan as onions, cook eggs 1-2 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- To create your burger tower and serve; place 1 cup of greens on each plate. Add burger pattie. Top with sweet potato slice, then cooked onions, a tomato slice, mashed avocado and a piece of crispy bacon.
- Enjoy your masterpiece!
Have fun making your burger tower! Share in the comments your favorite, crazy way to enjoy ground beef!!
My Burger Tower is another great recipe to include in your healthy lifestyle regimen!
Oh wait, before you go! On the subject of Snapchat…I haven’t been on long, but, am anxious to start using it more! In your Snapchat, press and hold on my Snap code below to add me, and I’ll add you back!! 🙂