It’s October, but, some days are still warm here in Texas and I’m thinking of a quick, cool, savory salad recipe to enjoy. I’m reminded of long summers growing up, and my grandmother making this delightful, delicious bean salad with ham.
My mother still makes it, and my daughter does now as well…all year ’round. It’s a very easy recipe to quickly put together. No pasta necessary, this salad is very satisfying without it! Our cracker of choice to serve with it has to be the light, flaky Club crackers!
- 2 cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, hard boiled, chopped
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 scallions, green and white parts chopped
- 3 sweet gherkins, chopped
- ½ c mayonnaise (preferably Duke's)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until well chilled.
Enjoy this scrumptious salad the next day…if there is any left! My family devoured It before I even had a chance to photograph the completed salad, that’s how good it is!
Let me know how much you and your family love it!